This goat cheese appetizer is so easy and so delicious! It is made with puff pastry and jam– in my case papaya jam. If you want to make my papaya jam recipe, you absolutely can! Or you can always use any other jam that you have in your fridge or pantry. It’s entirely up to you.
Is this Goat Cheese Appetizer Traditional Cabo Verdean?
The short answer here is… kind of. Okay, so Cabo Verdeans don’t really make puff pastry appetizers with goat cheese and papaya jam….
Instead, in Cabo Verde a popular breakfast is goat cheese with jam. Oftentimes, this is served with crusty bread that the goat cheese and jam is spread on. I thought that this combination sounded absolutely delicious, but it was a little too simple to put on the blog as a recipe!
Instead, I decided to take inspiration from this popular Cabo Verdean breakfast and make something unique. It may not be traditional, but it was certainly inspired by what I know about the country.
What is in this Goat Cheese Appetizer?
- Puff pastry sheets
- Any jam you want (I recommend this papaya jam!)
- Goat cheese
How to Make this Goat Cheese Appetizer
Thaw the puff pastry sheets according to the directions on the package.
Use a 3 inch cookie cutter to cut out circles from the puff pastry sheets. Use your thumb to press down on the center of each of the circles you cut out.
Add ½ tbsp of goat cheese to your thumb indent.
Bake on a cookie sheet in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until the puff pastries begin to brown.
Honestly…. These goat cheese appetizers are so easy, I think that’s pretty much all I have to say about them? Is that alright? Okay, perfect.
If you liked this recipe, make sure to leave a review and let me know! If you make it, share a photo on Facebook or Instagram and tag @TheForeignFork or hashtag #TheForeignFork.
If you liked this recipe, also make sure to check out:
Goat Cheese Appetizer with Puff Pastry and Jam
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 1 package puff pastry sheets, thawed according to package instructions
- 1 cup jam of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Use a 3" circular cookie cutter to cut out the puff pastry sheets
- Use your thumb to press down in the center of each circle.
- Place about 1/16 of the goat cheese in each circle.
- Put the appetizers in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the puff pastry begins to brown.
- Remove from oven and top each with about 1 tbsp of jam. Enjoy!
- Leave a comment on this post letting me know what you thought of the appetizer!
Do you serve these fresh out of the oven room temperature or cold says
Do you serve these fresh out of the oven room temperature or cold
The Foreign Fork says
I like them warm, but it is up to you!
Super easy and delicious!
I used marmalade.
Alexandria Drzazgowski says
Yay, I’m glad you liked them!! Marmalade is a great option.