Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice
This Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice is amazing! It tastes just like takeout fried rice and is simpler than even picking up the phone to order Chinese. And it cooks in 4 minutes!
Servings 4 servings
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 ½ cup long grain white rice For instructions on how to use brown rice, see the "Can I Use Brown Rice?" section above!
- 1 lb raw chicken breast cut into small, bite sized cubes
- 2 cups frozen veggies peas, carrots, corn
- 2 ½ tbsp soy sauce
Place your chicken in a bowl or bag with the teriyaki sauce and allow to marinate for at least an hour but up to overnight.
Once the chicken is done marinating, turn your Instant Pot to the SAUTE function. Heat the oil. Once heated, crack the eggs into the Instant Pot and scramble. Use a spatula to stir occasionally until the eggs are cooked all the way through. Remove the eggs to a small bowl and set aside. Turn off the SAUTE function
Add a few tablespoons of chicken broth into the Instant Pot. Use a wooden spoon or a spatula to scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pot.
Add in the rest of the chicken broth, then the rice, then put the raw, cubed chicken on top.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set to cook for 6 minutes on HIGH or MANUAL. Once the cooking cycle has been completed, allow for a 6 minute natural release.
Open the lid of the Instant Pot. Add in the soy sauce, the reserved scrambled egg, and the frozen vegetables. Stir. Place the lid back on the Instant Pot (do not turn on) for another 2 minutes to allow the vegetables to thaw.
Enjoy! Leave a comment on this post letting me know what you thought! :)
Recipe copyright The Foreign Fork. For educational and personal use only.
Recipe was made using an 8 qt pot.
- Teriyaki Sauce: Simply purchase your favorite brand of teriyaki as a marinade for the chicken. You can omit the teriyaki for a more traditional Fried Rice, but the chicken will have less flavor this way.
- Sesame Oil: Sesame oil can be found in the oil section of the grocery store, near the olive oils, etc. If you do not have access to sesame oil, you can substitute olive oil.
- Long Grain White Rice: This recipe is specifically created for long grain white rice. For instructions on how to use brown rice, see the FAQs below.
- Chicken Breast: The recipe calls for 1 lb of raw, cubed chicken breast. You can use fresh or frozen.
- Frozen Veggies: I use a blend of peas, carrots, beans, and corn. If you find other vegetables you’d rather use or have leftover, precooked vegetables, you can use those as well.
- You can replace the frozen veggies with precooked veggies if you wish. Simply add them into the dish at the same time the instructions indicate to add the frozen vegetables.
- You can omit the chicken if you want. You can also add shrimp in place of the chicken. In this case, cook the shrimp separately and add it into the Instant Pot with the rest of the ingredients in step 5.
- Marinate the chicken for as long as possible. 1 hour should be the minimum in order to get you delicious flavor!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 592kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 195mg | Sodium: 2502mg | Potassium: 901mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 4835IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 3mg