Instant Pot Penne Pasta Bake
Pizza + Pasta = The Ultimate Dinner Heaven! This Pizza Pasta Bake can be made in your Instant Pot and will be ready to enjoy in under 15 minutes!
Servings 4 servings
- ½ lb dry penne
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1.5 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp rosemary
- ½ tsp sage
- ½ tsp marjoram
- 3 oz Pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
Place all of the ingredients except the pepperoni and the cheese in the Instant Pot. Make sure the noodles are covered in the liquid but do not stir.
Put the lid on the Instant Pot and pressure cook on HIGH for 8 minutes. When the timer finishes, perform a Quick Release.
Open the lid of the Instant Pot and stir. Mix in ½ cup mozzarella and ½ of the pepperoni, and stir again until the cheese is melted.
Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella and pepperoni on top of the pasta. Close the lid and turn to keep warm for 2 minutes until the cheese on top melts. Enjoy!
Recipe copyright The Foreign Fork. For educational or personal use only.
Recipe was made using an 8 qt pot.
- Pasta: I use penne noodles, though you could choose to use whatever you’d like. Mostaccioli and rigatoni would also be great options
- Marinara Sauce: You can use whatever store bought or homemade sauce you would like.
- Pepperoni: I used normal-sized pepperoni but you could also use mini pepperoni
- Mozzarella: You can use pre-shredded mozzarella or even an Italian blend
- Use mini pepperoni if you want pepperoni in every bite!
- I like using an Italian blend in place of shredded mozzarella because I think it gives the pasta more depth in flavor
- If you would like to add sausage, turn the pot to SAUTE before cooking the pasta. Add the sausage and brown in the pot. Turn off SAUTE and remove the sausage. Finish cooking the recipe according to the instructions, then add the sausage in at the same time as pepperoni.
- Add any other pizza toppings you'd like, including, peppers, onions, mushrooms, olives, ham, sausage, pineapple, or whatever else you want
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 437kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 1702mg | Potassium: 678mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 736IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 195mg | Iron: 3mg