Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo
Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo is a quick and delicious way to make your favorite restaurant dish at home. It comes out creamy, cheesy, & delicious every time!
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 8 oz fettuccine noodles broken in half
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
In your Instant Pot, add 2 cups chicken broth, 1 cup heavy whipping cream, and 1 tsp garlic. Do not stir.
Use your hands to break the 8 oz fettuccine noodles in half so that they can fit horizontally in the Instant Pot easily. Add the fettuccine noodles into the Instant pot, making sure that the noodles are submerged in the liquid.
Put the lid on your Instant Pot. Turn the pressure to MANUAL or HIGH and set the timer for 8 minutes. Once the cooking cycle has completed, allow for an 8 minute natural release, then a Quick release immediately after. Open the lid.
Add 1 cup grated parmesan cheese into the pot and use tongs to stir the sauce and the noodles. The sauce will be liquid-y and that is OKAY. Turn the pot to the KEEP WARM setting, and allow the noodles to sit for about 5 minutes or so, stirring occasionally. This will evaporate any extra liquid. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and parsley.
Once your sauce has reached your desired consistency, turn the pot off. Enjoy!
Recipe copyright The Foreign Fork. For educational and personal use only.
- Fettuccine Noodles: If you are making this recipe, stick with fettuccine noodles. It is possible to use other types of pasta for this recipe, but the cook time will be different.
- Chicken Broth: Chicken stock will work as well.
- Heavy Cream: I use heavy whipping cream.
- Parmesan Cheese: If you can spring for freshly grated parmigiano reggiano, I highly recommend it. In my opinion, it makes a huge difference in this recipe.
- I topped my recipe with fresh parsley as this is a common addition in the American diet. In Italy, parsley is never used.
- Start serving the pasta when it is a tiny bit runnier than what you would desire. It will continue to thicken as you eat.
- You can double this recipe in either a 6 quart or 8 quart pot.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 526kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 134mg | Sodium: 865mg | Potassium: 242mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1107IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 361mg | Iron: 1mg