For a unique, green twist on a classic brownie, try making these Matcha Brownies with white chocolate chips! Both the flavor and the look are absolutely divine.
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup white chocolate chips divided
- ¾ cup all purpose flour + 2 tbsp
- 2 tbsp matcha powder
- ½ tsp salt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9x9 glass pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
In a medium bowl add 10 tbsp butter and 1 cup granulated sugar. Whisk by hand for about 30 seconds or until the mixture gets smooth.
Add 2 eggs and 2 tsp vanilla extract and whisk again for 1 minute.
In a microwave safe bowl, add ½ cup of white chocolate chips. Microwave in increments of 30 seconds, mixing between each set, until the chocolate is melted.
Add the melted white chocolate chips into the mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
Add ¾ cup flour, 2 tbsp matcha powder, and ½ tsp salt, and use a rubber spatula to mix again until fully combined
Add in 1 cup of white chocolate chips and mix until they are evenly dispersed.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean. Let cool completely before slicing into brownies. Enjoy!
Copyright The Foreign Fork. For educational or personal use only.
- Butter: I like to use unsalted butter. Melt it completely, and then let it cool slightly before beginning.
- Sugar: Use white sugar, also known as granulated sugar
- Flour: Use all purpose flour. I have not tried this recipe using any other types of flours.
- White Chocolate Chips: The measurement of white chocolate chips should be divided. Some will be microwaved and added to the batter. The rest will be added in chips at the end of the recipe.
- Matcha Powder: You can usually buy this at organic or health food stores. If you can’t find it in a store, you can also buy it online. Make sure to get a good quality matcha powder.
- To really amp up the flavor of these brownies, try using browned butter.
- Using room temperature eggs means that they will blend more easily into the batter and will also help the brownies rise better!
- Add green food coloring for a more vibrant green color.
- You can melt the chocolate using a double boiler method if you prefer, but I find that microwaving the chocolate chips is easier and faster, with less clean up!
- Sift your dry ingredients for ultimately smooth matcha brownies!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 131mg | Potassium: 88mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 468IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 1mg