This Salvadoran Street corn is perfect for a summer snack. Elote Loco is made with corn on the cob, mayonnaise, cheese, ketchup, mustard, and salsa negra.
- 4 ears corn cooked
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded Queso Duro Blando
- ½ cup Yellow Mustard
- ½ cup Ketchup
- ½ cup Salsa negra
Place the sticks in the cooked ears of corn.
Use a knife or a pastry brush to brush mayonnaise on the whole surface of each ear of corn.
Place the cheese on a plate or shallow bowl. Turn the corn in the cheese, covering the outside.
Squeeze the ketchup, mustard, and salsa negra onto the corn. Eat and enjoy!
Recipe Copyright The Foreign Fork. For educational or personal use only.
- Corn on the Cob: Cook the fresh corn on the cob according to whatever method works for you! See below for more in depth instructions. Try to find sweet corn for the best results.
- Queso Duro Blando: This is a popular cheese in El Salvador, but it can be difficult to find in the United States. If you can’t find Queso Duro Blando, you can also use Cotija Cheese, Queso Fresco, or feta cheese. In a true pinch, you can use parmesan cheese, though I wouldn't recommend it.
- Salsa Negra: Salsa Negra is a popular condiment in El Salvador. but can be hard to find in the grocery store in America. You can buy it online or you can make it yourself using this video. It is based in Worcestershire sauce (Salsa Inglesa in El Salvador) with a few ingredients added to make a Black Sauce.
- You can omit the salsa negra if you are having a really hard time, but I recommend making it at home if possible. It adds so much to the flavor of the recipe!
- I recommend boiling and then grilling the corn for the softest results.
- I also added hot sauce to one of my cobs when trying this recipe. It was delicious and a unique touch, though non traditional.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 647kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 58g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 25g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 1713mg | Potassium: 419mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 242IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 488mg | Iron: 3mg