Easy Cocadas (Coconut Macaroons) Recipe
Cocadas are a cookie made with coconut, sweetened condensed milk and (optional) macadamia nuts! This recipe is quick, simple, and oh-so-delicious. This recipe is a great gluten free treat as well.
- 3 ½ cups shredded coconut sweetened
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ⅔ cup macadamia nuts chopped
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 egg
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Combine all ingredients into one bowl.
Using a cookie scoop, form the mixture into 22-24 small balls, and place on an unlined, ungreased cookie sheet with four sides.
Bake at 325 for about 25 minutes. Enjoy!
Recipe copyright The Foreign Fork. For educational or personal use only.
- Shredded Coconut: I used shredded, sweetened coconut. A more traditional option would also be coconut flakes, fresh coconut, or grated coconut if you can find them. Make sure you are using dry coconut for best results.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: 1 14oz can will be enough to give you what you need.
- Macadamia Nuts: These can be omitted if you so choose. Be sure to use unsalted nuts.
- Vanilla: Vanilla extract or pure vanilla both work.
- Egg: Room temperature. Some recipes call for discarding the egg yolks and just using the egg whites and other cocada recipes call for no eggs at all. We will be using the whole egg in this recipe!
- Use a cookie scoop to form the cookies for the most uniform results.
- Allow the cookies to rest on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes after baking, and then remove them to a wire rack to allow them to cool the rest of the way.
- If you find that the cookies are sticking to your baking sheet, you can try lining the sheet with parchment paper.
- If the bottom of your cookies burn (which sometimes happens based on your cookie sheet), you can turn the oven down to 300 degrees.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 54mg | Potassium: 105mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 39IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg