Baleadas Hondureñas Recipe
The most common snack or meal in all of Honduras are Baleadas Hondureñas, a dish made by layering refried beans, cheese, and sour cream in a freshly made tortilla. You only need 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to make this recipe!
- 4 homemade flour tortillas or buy the ready to cook store bought ones
- 1 cup refried beans
- ½ cup cotija cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
Use a spoon to spread ¼ cup refried beans onto one half of the tortilla.
Sprinkle ⅛ cup cotija cheese on top and add some dollops of sour cream.
Add any additional toppings, then fold the tortilla in half. Enjoy!
Recipe Copyright The Foreign Fork. For educational or personal use only.
- Sour Cream: In Honduras, Mantequilla Blanca is used. It is similar to sour cream but a little runnier. Sour cream is a good alternative.
- Tortillas: See note below about choosing the right tortillas.
- Refried Beans: In Honduras, Honduran Red Beans are used. Refried black beans are a good substitute.
- Cheese: Cotija Cheese is the best choice. You may need to crumble it yourself. In a pinch, feta cheese tastes kind of similar to cotija. Queso Duro is another popular cheese choice.
- Can put avocados, ground beef, red onions or eggs inside tortilla too
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 783mg | Potassium: 98mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 308IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 176mg | Iron: 2mg