Creamed Peas Recipe (Stovetop & Instant Pot)
This recipe for Creamed Peas comes together in under 10 minutes, and is one of the most beloved sides on our dinner table!
Servings 8 servings
- 24 oz frozen peas
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 stick butter unsalted
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp pepper or to taste
- 8 oz cream cheese cut into smaller pieces
Instant Pot Instructions
Place all of the ingredients in the Instant Pot and secure the lid.
Turn the pressure to HIGH and cook for 3 minutes. When the cook cycle is complete, perform a Quick Release.
Open the lid, stir, and enjoy!
Recipe copyright The Foreign Fork. For educational or personal use only.
- Peas: I use frozen peas because I like the texture better. You can also use canned peas, but keep in mind that they will have a slightly mushier texture than the frozen peas.
- Cream Cheese: I use full-fat cream cheese. You can use low-fat cream cheese if preferred.
- Heavy Cream: I use heavy whipping cream.
- The cook time will not change if you use frozen, thawed, or canned peas.
- If you really want to change up your Creamed Peas Recipe, try experimenting with your cream cheese! You can use plain cream cheese, but you can also try bacon cream cheese, jalapeño cream cheese, or even chive!
- For a slightly healthier option you could use low-fat cream cheese and also try half and half in place of heavy cream.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 260mg | Potassium: 261mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1250IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 1mg