Instant Pot Turkey Breast Recipe
Use your Instant Pot to cook the perfect juicy, tender, and hands-off turkey breast. Enjoy this recipe on Thanksgiving or any other night of year!
Servings 6 servings
- 1 gallon (16 cups) Water
- ½ package The Spice Hunter Original Turkey Brine and Bag packet or your favorite brine recipe
- 4.5 lb Turkey Breast bone-in, skin on, thawed
- 1 ½ cup Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Ground Lemon Peel
- ¼ tsp Celery Seeds
- ½ tsp Ground Sage
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
Mix the brine into 2 quarts (8 cups) of boiling water. Stir until the salt is totally dissolved. Remove the water from the heat and refrigerate the brine until fully chilled.
Place the turkey breast in the brining bag. Add the chilled brine and an additional 2 quarts (8 cups) of cool water. Make sure the turkey is fully submerged in the brine. Add some additional water if the turkey is not submerged.
Keep the turkey refrigerated in the brine for 6-12 hours (I left mine for about 9 hours).
Remove the turkey from the brine and rinse with cold water. Pat it dry, and continue to the cooking steps below:
Mix the seasoning ingredients together in a small bowl. Sprinkle the seasoning blend over the entire turkey breast, using your hands to rub in the spices.
Place a trivet in the bottom of your Instant Pot, and add the chicken broth to the bottom of the pot.
Place the brined and seasoned turkey breast on top of the trivet.
Place the lid on the pot and turn the pressure to HIGH for 23 minutes. Once the cook time is up, allow for a 15 minute natural pressure release.
Once the turkey is cooked, remove it from the Instant Pot and place it on a cookie sheet. Turn your oven to a high broil, and place the turkey under the broiler until the skin crisps up and toasts.
Remove the turkey from the oven, carve and enjoy!
Recipe copyright The Foreign Fork. For educational or personal use only.
- Brine: My favorite brine (that always leads to a yummy and juicy turkey) is by The Spice Hunter. You can use their original or lemon brine package. You can also use another brine of your choice if necessary.
- See FAQs for info on adjusting cooking time if using a different size turkey breast
- This recipe was made in an 8qt Instant Pot, which fit my turkey breast perfectly.
- If you do not want to use the brining bag, another good option is to brine your turkey in a large pot.
- If you cannot find ground lemon peel in a prepackaged bottle, you can also zest a fresh lemon or omit.
- You do not need to rest the turkey after removing it from the Instant Pot, because your natural pressure release acted as its resting time.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 350kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 74g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 184mg | Sodium: 951mg | Potassium: 883mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 79IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 2mg