Tuna Stuffed Avocado
This is a unique twist of a classic lunch, including avocado stuffed with tuna, tomato sauce, and coconut! Give it a try for an exciting and flavorful meal.
Servings 2 servings
- 1 Avocado cut into cubes
- 5 oz Canned Tuna
- 2 tbsp + 1 ½ tsp Coconut unsweetened and grated
- 3 tbsp Evaporated Milk
- 3 tbsp Tomato Sauce
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 1 Lemon quartered
While the flesh of 1 avocado is still in the skin, use a knife to cut the avocado into medium-sized cubes. Use a spoon to scrape the avocado from the skin into a bowl. Reserve the avocado skin.
Add 5 oz canned tuna, 2 tbsp grated coconut, 3 tbsp evaporated milk, 3 tbsp tomato sauce, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper into the bowl. Use a spoon to mix everything together.
Spoon the mixture back into the avocado skin. Sprinkle each half with ¾ tsp grated coconut.
Serve with 1 quartered lemon. Enjoy!
Recipe copyright The Foreign Fork. For educational or personal use only.
- Tuna: This recipe calls for canned tuna, but I am never opposed to subbing a fresh cooked tuna steak if you’d prefer it! You can use this Fried Tuna Steak recipe.
- Coconut: I use grated coconut, unsweetened.
- Evaporated Milk: You can find this in a can in the baking aisle of your grocery store.
- Squeeze the lemon over your serving of Tuna Stuffed Avocados for a pop of freshness.
- You can easily double this recipe to serve 2!
- Some recipes call for keeping the avocado intact and then mixing the filling ingredients together without the avocado included. In this case, you would then stuff the filling into the pit section of the avocado. Feel free to do this if you’d prefer it.
- Have an almost-full can of evaporated milk leftover? Use the extra to make this delicious Easy Tres Leches Cake recipe.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 326kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 619mg | Potassium: 887mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 352IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 3mg