Italian Salad Dressing Recipe
Made in 5 minutes, this recipe is one that will find itself into your rotation often. Simply combine oil, vinegar, cheese, and seasonings for a quick and easy salad dressing recipe that will always serve up delicious flavor.
- ½ cup Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Granulated sugar
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp Dried Oregano
- ½ tsp Dried Basil
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
Recipe copyright The Foreign Fork. For educational or personal use only.
- Olive Oil: Because olive oil is the main ingredient in this recipe, I’d recommend a high quality olive oil if you can. A quick and easy way to tell if you’re buying a high quality olive oil is if the bottle displays a “pressed on” or “harvest” date.
- Lemon Juice: Fresh squeezed if possible. You will need about ½ lemon for 2 tbsp.
- Parmesan Cheese: I am always an advocate for the freshest cheese possible (just check my Instant Pot Stuffed Shells recipe). I would recommend fresh grated parmesan cheese if possible, or high quality packaged stuff if not. Pecorino Romano (used in this Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe recipe) would also be delicious.
- Wine Vinegar: I am using red wine vinegar, but you can use white wine vinegar if you prefer.
- To get more juice out of your lemon, heat it in the microwave for 10-20 seconds. Then use your hands to roll it around on the countertop.
- Some other renditions of this Italian Salad Dressing Recipe call for bell peppers, dill, fennel, and more. Feel free to add anything that sounds delicious to you!
- Store leftovers in a mason jar. Shake it well before each use.
- Feel free to omit the sugar for a healthier alternative, but keep in mind this will change the taste of the recipe.
Calories: 1092kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 115g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 12g | Monounsaturated Fat: 81g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 989mg | Potassium: 117mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 222IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 336mg | Iron: 2mg