Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole
Make your Thanksgiving easier by making your Green Bean Casserole in the Instant Pot! With just a 15 Minute cook time, you’ll love how easy this recipe is!
Servings 6 servings
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 1 (10 oz) can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 tbsp Onion Dip Powder
- ¾ lb green beans washed with ends trimmed
- 6 tbsp Water
- ¼ cup Flour
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- ⅔ cup Fried Onions
Add 1 cup chicken broth, 1 (10 oz) can of cream of mushroom soup, and 2 tbsp onion dip powder into the bottom of your Instant Pot. Whisk everything together until combined. Add ¾ lb green beans into the pot.
Put the lid on the Instant pot and pressure Cook on HIGH for 10 minutes. When the timer goes off, perform a Quick Release.
When the pressure is released, combine 6 tbsp water and ¼ cup flour in a small bowl and whisk until all the lumps are gone. Turn the pot to SAUTE and add the flour and water mixture. Cook, stirring, until the sauce has thickened in the pot.
Add the green bean casserole to a serving dish (I used tongs to transfer the casserole into the serving dish and then put some of the extra sauce in a gravy boat).
Sprinkle with ¼ cup parmesan cheese and ⅔ cup fried onions. Enjoy!
Recipe copyright The Foreign Fork. For educational or personal use only.
- Green Beans: I use fresh green beans. Washed, with the ends removed
- Onion Powder Soup Mix: Do not assemble according to package instructions, just use the dry powder. I like the Lipton Recipe Secrets brand, but you can use anything you’d like.
- Fried Onions: In my grocery store these can be found near the canned green beans. These are pre-packaged French Fried Onions.
- Parmesan Cheese: I will always advocate for fresh grated parmesan cheese. The higher the quality of the cheese, the better the taste.
- You will have more sauce in this recipe than you do when cooking your Green Bean Casserole in the oven. You can add all of the sauce to the serving dish if you prefer. Alternatively, you can add any extra sauce to a gravy boat for another tasty gravy on the table.
- To make this recipe vegetarian, use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
- This would be great with bacon in it! Cook some bacon and add it into the pot after the green beans cook for some extra flavor.
- If you don’t like French Onion flavoring mix, you can omit it.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 802mg | Potassium: 238mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 425IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 1mg