Bahama Mama (The Bahamas)
Bahama Mamas are a tropical drink popular in the Bahamas (duh). Made with two types of rum, orange juice, and pineapple juice, this drink is so tropical it'll make you think you're sunbathing on a beach!
Servings 1 serving
- 1 ounce dark rum
- 1 ounce coconut rum
- ½ ounce orange liqueur
- ½ ounce grenadine
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 1 ounce orange juice
- Maraschino cherry
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Shake to combine. Pour over ice in the glass.
You can also layer in the ingredients over the ice instead of mixing to combine. This will provide an ombre, sunset look.
Recipe copyright The Foreign Fork. For educational or personal use only.
- Dark Rum: You can use either dark or light rum in this recipe, but I prefer dark rum. Dark rum has a complex flavor and tends to be more distinctive in mixed drinks than light rum is.
- Coconut Rum: I used Malibu Coconut Rum, which, specifically speaking, is actually “Caribbean Rum with Coconut Liqueur.” If you are able to find Coconut Liqueur, this will work just as well.
- Grenadine: Grenadine is the non-alcoholic, bright red syrup most commonly known for its use in Shirley Temples. The use of grenadine in this drink cuts the alcohol and acts as a sweet and tart mixer. Grenadine will normally be found in the aisle with the cocktail mixes at your grocery store. This could be in the aisle with the wine and beer, but it could also be near the club sodas or seltzers.
- Orange Liqueur: You can use Triple sec, an orange flavored liqueur, in this recipe. The drink should be colorless but taste of oranges. This will pair nicely with the orange juice and pineapple juice in the recipe.
- To make this recipe easier, if I don’t have a shot glass with measurements on the side, I will instead just use a shot glass as my unit of measurement. When the recipe calls for 1 ounce of dark rum, I use one shot glass worth. When the recipe calls for ½ ounce of grenadine, I use ½ shot glass worth and so on.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 103mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 58IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg