Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi
Shrimp Scampi: The ever elegant restaurant entree that you love to order just became so much easier to make at home! This recipe for Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi cooks in-- get this-- 3 minutes! This is a one pot meal that you’ll love to serve up, either for a quick meal for yourself or to impress at a dinner party!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 ¾ cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter cold
- 8 oz angel hair pasta dry
- 1 lb medium shrimp raw, shelled, deveined
- ⅓ cup parsley
- Parmesan cheese for serving
Pour your chicken broth, white wine, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and salt into the Instant Pot. Add your 2 tbsp of butter into the pot.
Use your hands to break your angel hair pasta in half so that it can fit in the liner. Place the dry pasta in the liquid in the Instant Pot, using a wooden spoon to make sure that the noodles are submerged under the liquid.
Place the raw shrimp on top of the noodles.
Put the lid on the Instant Pot and secure it. Turn the pressure to HIGH and cook for 3 minutes. When the cooking cycle has completed, perform a Quick Release.
Open the lid of the Instant Pot and stir. Chop up the parsley and mix it into the noodles. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe copyright The Foreign Fork. For educational or personal use only.
Recipe was made using an 8 qt pot.
- White wine: I like using pinot grigio when cooking with white wine, but you can also use Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc, or any other crisp wine with a high acidity
- Lemon juice: Fresh-squeezed is always the best, but you can also use pre-bottled lemon juice as well
- Raw shrimp: I used medium-sized, thawed raw shrimp. If you would like to use frozen, raw shrimp you can do so. The cook time will not change on the recipe!
- Angel hair pasta: Use dry pasta. I used angel hair pasta for this recipe, but you can also alter this recipe to use a different kind of pasta. If you do so, make sure to check the Instant Pot cook time for that type of pasta.
- Parmesan cheese: It makes everything better! Use finely grated, powdered parmesan.
- Completely submerge your dry pasta in the liquid inside the Instant Pot. Doing so will make sure that your noodles cook consistently.
- If you use a different kind of pasta that requires a longer cook time than angel hair, prep the shrimp separately. Cooking the shrimp in the Instant Pot for longer than 3 minutes could result in an undesirable texture
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 442kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 198mg | Sodium: 859mg | Potassium: 564mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 600IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 2mg